Justin and I also started painting our house, something that we have needed to do, and haven't. But since we bought a car instead of doing a yard this year, we decided that we would do the inside home improvements this year, so we started with our bathroom. Its not all the way done yet (edging is a pain), and we need to go buy new trim, but its done for the most part, and completely livable. Its pretty wild, but we love the colors. I want to splash some pink, and a brighter green into it, but well, funds are always low aren't they, so we just do what we can and will use what we have for right now. Justin also put shoe shelves in our closet for us. When Celeste was building her house, she read a thing that said nothing should be on the floor in your closet, so Justin, Bronson, and Kade, put shoe shelves up for me, yea:)
One side of the bathroom, its blue and dark brown, don't mind the trim not being up!
Here is looking from the other way, I couldn't get a good pic of the shower, it looked too black, but it looks nifty too!
Here are half of the wonderful shelves the boys bought for me :) Thanks boys!
We also got to go speak to the youth in our ward last week for a fireside with Weston and Lacy Maxfield. We got to speak about going to the temple and what it ment to us. I was so greatful for that opportunity. When you sit down to think of what to tell the youth about the temple, you remember just how wonderful the temple is. Justin and I are sealed forever, and we will be able to go live with our heavenly father again someday. It is wonderful to think about all the blessings we have recieved this past year from going to the temple. It will be 2 years since we've been married the first of next month, and will be 1 year since we have gone through the temple a week after that. What an amazing year for the both of us. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity that we had to go to the temple.
Last Tuesday Justin was able to take the day off with me and go to a Dr. appt (no, no babies on the way). It was so nice to go stay in a hotel the night before, and just get away for awhile. After my appointment we went to Tai Pan, and Ikea, and Costco of course. We didn't spend much (I'm sure Justin was thrilled that we didn't), but we did get some vases, bamboo plants, and 2 other plants, curtin rods, place mats, ya know, the good old things to make your house a home. After that we went to the zoo which was so much fun, neither of us had been there for a really long time, and even though they are kinda low on big animals right now, it was so much fun to go and see all the animals that they did have.
Speaking of the animals, here is the quilt block that we are doing this year. The pattern is from Geralyn Powers. This is the first thing that I have ever really hand sewn, and I love the way its turning out. The first two quiltblocks are totally done, the lion I still need to sew around.
Jan/ Feb Quilt block, there was alot of work on this one.
April's Quilt Block
This is the cute lion, Jana had some fuzzy material she gave me for the mane and tail, and I love it!
Other than that, the Bergs have been pretty boring lately, hopefully one day life will slow down a little bit, I'm sure it won't, but its always worth a hope:)




1 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!! You are still just a pup. =] I can't believe how old your siblings have gotten. Crazy!!!
Post a Comment