Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's and President's Day

Justin and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I had quilt block (yes I got it done!), then had to work til one and after that Justin and I were just able to relax and.... MAKE COOKIES! I'm so proud of us because they turned out so dang cute. We made a cookie sucker for each member of our families here in the valley.

Justin rolling out the dough

And carefully cutting them out.

Us waiting for them to cook, we were pretty restless at this point...



Finally! Me Frosting the cookies.



Almost done...


The finished Product, aren't they so stinkin cute?

It was fun just to be able to spend time together. Sunday, the primary kids were restless. I was so tired by the end of primary that it was crazy. Then during sacrament we had some really good speakers, but it was hard to hear from all the little kids running around, screaming, crying, and laughing. For the first time I was glad that I wasn't a parent on Sunday, because I think we would have gone through the same thing. Today we both had the day off so we headed down to SLC with Bronson to pick up a new bed for him and Misty. We had to stop and Smith's and Wal-mart too. I bought a whole bunch of produce( I could hardley fit all of the veggies in the veggie drawer), but I bought enough produce for me to cook a unfrozen meal for the next two weeks. I was so suprised at how much cheaper groceries are when you don't buy the frozen stuff. Hopefully this will help us both keep shedding off the pounds, or at least balance it out for all the cookies we have been eating this weekend!

0 comments: