| When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure. |
These treasures are something that we hold dear. I don't think that when my Grandma gave all of her grandkids this card about 8 years ago, she knew what an impact this quote would have in the future. When someone dies, we tend to go back in time, and bring back the memories we have of those we love. My Dear Grandma Webb passed away this last week. It has been a bittersweet time for us all. Even though she was 92 years old, and ready to go home, it still sends us all on a rollercoaster ride. We miss her, but at the same time we are so happy for her.
This woman is a legacy. Thelma Hilda Ringdahl Webb mothered 7 children, one who passed away over 50 years ago. She was married to my wonderful grandpa Paxton Webb who also passed away over 50 years ago. She raised my dad by herself from the time that he was 18 months old. She never remarried and has been waiting to see my grandpa for a long time.
The night we found out we of course cried. We were sad knowing we won't see her again in this life time, but at the same time we could feel the happiness that she was feeling being with my Grandpa Webb again. Can you imagine being away from your husband for 50 years? She was able to see her daughter, parents, grandparents, and even able to give my and Justin's future children some big hugs. She is happy.
Memories of my Grandma Webb have been coming through my mind all week. Annie and I used to go and spend time with her. We would eat at McDonalds (a huge treat), play Chicken foot, Do crafts, and just talk. I also remember the Webb Christmas parties where she insisted we wash and reuse the plastic utensils, and would read us the book Annie and Willie's Prayer. She attended so many special events for me. Blessing, Baptism, Graduation, Concerts, Bridal Shower, Wedding. When she was in the hospital over Christmas this year, my mom and I were able to feed her Bread with butter and strawberry jam. I think that this will be my most treasured memory of her. She had us rub lotion on her legs, and sing primary songs with her.
This women, this special lady will never be forgotten, and she will always be in my Heart.
| Grandma and Me 1988 |
| Dad, Mom, Grandma, and Me 1988 |
| Grandma and Me 1988 |
| Grandma and Me |
| Grandma and Me 2005 |
![]() |
| Grandma and Deann Bridal Shower 2007 |
![]() |
| Grandma and Jay June 1st, 2007 |
| Grandma, Justin, and I at our Wedding June 1st, 2007 |
I LOVE YOU GRANDMA






1 comments:
James and I are very sorry for you loss. Grandmas are very hard to lose.
We love you
Sheldon and James
Post a Comment