No, Literally, we wiped out. Justin and I got a Kinect for Christmas, and along with it…. Wipe Out. We had a blast with my family last night playing. And we all seriously Wiped Out! It was a blast!
We hope everyone’s holiday was amazing! It sure was for us! I had an extra week to take off before the end of the year, so I have had the past 2 weeks off. It has been wonderful! Justin had to work pretty much every holiday the past few weeks (oh ya, triple time X3!), so its been nice to have holidays with him on his days off. Christmas was defiantly an emotional time for me this year! There have been like a million things that made me that way, but here are the main ones…
Justin having to work night shifts Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
So may new babies in the family. (This is a good one, just an emotional struggle in this house.)
Knowing it was the last year we will probably all be spending together on my side of the family for a long time.
Knowing that Landon will be on a mission next year.
Annie announcing that she will also be going on a mission.
The upside about Justin working Christmas Eve, was that Santa was really able to come and surprise him! We were spoiled (like every year). Santa brought us a Kindle Fire—I use it more than Justin : ), the Kinect, Justin a helicopter, ect. I also got from Justin a jig saw! I’m so excited to try and cut out wood for things like frames and such. Justin and I also got nerf guns, gift cards, and so much more! The best gift of all, was being able to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I’m so blessed because of his life and his love for me!
Christmas eve I stayed at my parents house. Since this will be the last year of us all together in a long time, we did our childhood tradition of all sleeping in the same room. We aren’t as small as we used to be so it was a little tight, but a really fun time. After opening all the presents under the tree, Annie had one more for us all. She had an envelope for each of us, and inside, a picture of her with a future missionary tag. We are so excited for her and Landon, and for the adventure they will be soon embarking on! I’m also excited about how blessed our family will be, because of their selfless act to serve our Heavenly Father.
2012 was brought in with my family as well (we couldn’t go anywhere because Justin had to work, again). We had a great time with the yearly tradition of a crab and steak dinner. And then Wipe Out, Logo, and lots more good food! We counted down, toasted the new year with sparkling cider, and kissed at midnight : )
Now as the new year starts, so do the New Year Resolutions, Diets, and Workout plans. Yes people… we will be skinny again! I love the new year, so that I can evaluate my life, and make goals to be better!
Justin and I are so blessed! We hope things are going well for everyone as well!
Oh… one more thing! We bought the lots next to our house! We have wanted them for a long time, and earlier this year, when we really sat down and talked about buying them… they sold! We were so sad! But nothing happened all summer, and later in the fall they were put back up for sale! It was quite an ordeal since they spoke very little English, and lived in Texas. But we finally got the papers signed, and now we have a lot of work ahead of us this summer!




2 comments:
That game looks like so much fun! :) I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas! :)
looks like you had fun! what are you doing with the extra lots?
Post a Comment