Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Updated... Finally!

I guess I'd better try updating the blog today, because I don't see having any time the rest of the week. The weather has been awful!!! I guess that has been good, since we have been couped up in the house, trying to finish up the painting. This last room has taken us forever... and while the painting is done, we still have more to do. I love the way the blue warmed up the room!

 I think that the tile around the fireplace will need replaced this fall.... so I'm thinking of putting up some glass tile like this....


I think it will look good... but fall is a ways away yet.
I'm keeping busy with my new calling... First counselor in the Primary Presidency. When I mentioned Prayers before... this is the answer! Where kids seem hard to come by... this helps to make up for the lack of kids in our lives. Its been fun, but has been keeping me pretty busy! I did my first sharing time last week, it went pretty well, and now I'm alot less nervous!

I've been taking a cake decorating class. It has been so much fun, and I'm learning a ton! I've always been nervous to bake a cake (for fear of letting it fall...) let alone, taking it out of the pan, icing it, and learning to make flowers :) My camera is not that great... so sorry for the dark pictures.


Week two, we used piping gel, and the cakes turned
out so cute!
Week one-- no rhyme or reason to the cake, just playin with borders and leaves
.



 
Pompom Flowers
Pansies


Daisy
Drop Flower


Week 4
With all tlhis stuff... I should be able to do anything!
Apple Blossom
Primrose


Violet
Next week, we are doing more flowers, and starting with gumpaste and fondant! I've been watching cake boss.... so hopefully I can become really good!

Sunday my little brother graduated from Seminary... and this Friday, from High School. I'm having a hard time letting him go, he is my only little brother. He spoke at Seminary Graduation, and it was amazing! I can't believe how much older he is now, than when I lived at home. I'm not sure that I like it, but I guess I can't stop it! I have all the Graduation presents made and almost ready, except for his. What do you get a boy that is going on a mission in a year?
Girl Graduation gifts (minus the money :))
In Honor of my brother... His graduation announcement!

4 comments:

Weston, Brittany, Kyce, Cody, and Kaizley said...

You are so stinkin talented. Love the glass stuff around the fireplace. That will look so so good.It looks like you are picking up the cake decorating stuff pretty quick. I was serious about trying out making Cody's bday cake. Love the graduation gifts for the girls too.

jmberg2007 said...

Brit... I love you. Thats all I have to say! OH... Except for the fact that you need to do a new post! Love ya!

Felipe and Sarah said...

Meg, I love your house! Its so pretty and you are like the most creative person ever!

Felipe and Sarah said...

And I love and miss you!