Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankfulness

So, its been awhile since I've blogged, and while I think I have nothing to say, a ton of things are coming to my mind. Justin has just been a workin' man lately. Lots of overtime which means lots more pay yea! I can't believe how blessed we are when it comes to our needs. It seems like any time we need something, the Lord is right ahead of us and seems to give it to us at the exact time.
My job is going good too. I've been able to learn a lot of new things and am really enjoying it! I love to assist on extractions and any type of surgery, it kinda makes me want to take some medical classes to become more knowledgeable in that area.
Santa visited us early this year and brought us a Wii. We absolutely love it. Justin can play is action games, I can get a work out on our Wii Fit, and we can just spend some good quality time together bowling or playing tennis.
I'm also becoming more of a crafty housewife and I made my sisters Christmas presents this year. I'm also doing some table runners and a really cute tree skirt which will take quite a bit of my time. I've also been starting to make bread, which is always better than store bought. Not only are they really good, but it feels so good to make some and take them around to people.
Its kind of been nice to get up early with Justin lately, work out, do some chores, then cut out pieces for my projects. I need to start Christmas cards too, I just haven't had the time to start them quite yet.
We have most of our Christmas shopping done, we just have a few more odds and ends to pick up and a few more decorations to get. We bought quite a few last year, but we'll do a few more this year. I'm hoping to be able to get my house decorated for Christmas on Saturday.
And since its November and coming close to Thanksgiving, I've been thinking for the things that I am thankful for. We are so blessed to have a beautiful home with the warmth and comfort it provides for our family. We're blessed with good jobs that provide for our needs. We are able to spoil ourselves rotten sometimes which is also a blessing because sometimes you just need a splurge. We're also blessed with our callings in the church. Our Sunday school class teaches us not only the gospel, but patience with the kids that we teach. Some days are tougher than others to get through to them, but hopefully we can keep doing better each week. I'm also thankful for my Relief Society calling with leading the music, and the opportunity that I have to be a visiting teacher. I love the ladies that we go to, and I love my mom who is my partner, it is really nice to be able to go with her. I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who is more wonderful than I ever could have imagined. He does everything from cooking dinner when I'm working, to helping me deal with the stresses of life. I appreciate all that he does for me.
Well, I think I've bored you all enough for one night, I'll post pics of my cute projects when I get done with them!

2 comments:

kim said...

you hope your house stays warm this year

The Gilmore's said...

SO... we are going to be in town Tues and Wednesday! I wanna come see your guys house!! Last time i saw it was in two pieces!